Recipe by Monica in PA
These luscious dumplings are a friend's Hawaiian family recipe. They are the best fried dumplings you'll ever have. Delicious as an appetizer or even for a main course!
- 1⁄4 lb shrimp, minced
- 1⁄4 lb ground pork
- 8 water chestnuts, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice (I've used fresh grated ginger)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 1 dash pepper
- sweet and sour sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 6 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine shrimp, pork, water chestnuts, ginger, and green onions.
- Mix well.
- Add salt, soy sauce, 5 spice, and pepper.
- Spread wrappers out and place a portion of filling in each wrapper.
- Moisten edges with water and fold over and seal.
- Deep fry until crisp.
- For sweet-sour sauce: Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil to thicken.