1/1 Photo of Tonga Toast (Rainforest Cafe)
We had this when we visited Disneyland...so yummy! Mine came w/o pecans but the last time my friend had this it came with them so it's in the recipe as an option.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the sugar, milk, cinnamon, egg, and vanilla in a shallow pan. ( Another way I've seen this is to leave the sugar and cinnamon out of this step mix them together and then sprinkle them over the toast after it has cooked, whatever sounds good to you, I've done them both).
- 2Dip each slice of bread, flipping it over to saturate both sides.
- 3Fry in a frying pan that has been preheated on medium heat with a little butter in the bottom of the pan.
- 4Brown both sides, remove from heat and garnish each slice of bread with 1/2 a banana and 2-3 strawberries and desired amounts of butter and syrup and nuts -- enjoy.
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tonga Toast (Rainforest Cafe)
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.5
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 110.0 mg
- Sodium 392.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 52.4 g
- Protein 9.6 g