Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delightful cake. I make this cake when zucchini is in season. You have to try this one.
Make and share this Tom's Zucchini Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together.
- In another bowl combined eggs, oil sugar, zucchini and vanilla.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Add the flour mixture and blend well.
- Stir in 1 cup of nuts and pour into a well greased and floured 9x13 cake pan.
- Sprinkle on the topping ingredients one at a time in the order they are listed.
- Bake 40 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
I made this cake as I had a lot of zucchinis in the fridge... I doubled the mixture and froze 1 cake.. it defrosts well and taste great with butter... I didn't put the topping on that was used in Tom's recipe.. Everyone loved it & I will make it again soon.. Thanks
Very easy to make. Very rich. I took it to work and it was totally gone by 9:00 am. Everybody liked it and wanted more. I don't think you need to add so much sugar to the top of the cake. I would say 1/4 cup would be enough.