Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great burger for the grill, a camp out or any way you like to prepare a burger. The jalapeño adds a little "heat" to them, but not overwhelmingly hot. Can be made with ground turkey, chicken or beef.
- 1 lb ground venison or 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 medium onion, finely chopped (near minced)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (near minced)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Frank's red hot sauce or 1⁄8 Tabasco sauce
- In medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together.
- Form pieces into medium sized balls then place on cutting board and press into patties (makes about 6 to 8).
- Place on grill or put into foil and place packets onto hot coals in a campfire or cook anyway you like to make burgers. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or to your liking.
- Garnish burgers with your favorite toppings like bacon, cheese, mushrooms or whatever you prefer and enjoy.
AWESOME! we omitted the liquid smoke bc we didn't have any... but these turned out delicious with a bleu cheese sauce for dipping!! http://petitechef.wordpress.com/recipes/jalapeno-burgers-with-bleu-cheese-sauce/ Thank you!! :)