Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great stew for a cold snowy or rainy day.The Bloody Mary Mix gives it it's tangy taste.Loaded with vegetables and mushrooms.I use Venison to make this but Beef works just as well.
- 1 lb stew meat, cut into 1 inch chunks (Venison or Beef)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots, chopped into 3rds
- 2 potatoes, peeled chopped and cubed
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups bloody mary mix
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance butter spread or 1 tablespoon regular butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut up all the Vegetables and Mushrooms ahead of time and soak and store Potato's in very cold water until ready to use.
- In large pot over medium heat add oil and butter spread,then add onions and mushroom and cook until soft(about 5 minutes)then add meat and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add wine, beef broth, A-1 sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; cook for 10 minutes.
- Add bloody mary mix, potatoes, carrots, and celery; cook another 10 minutes.
- Add peas,corn,green beans and parsley and bring heat up to high and bring to a boil, (about 5 minutes). Once it starts to boil, reduce heat to simmer and simmer for about 25 minutes or until all the vegetables are soft. Add cornstarch and water to thicken and serve.ENJOY!