Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Thai Sweet Chili Garlic Sauce which I made with the Thai Demon Relish. It cost quite a bit to ship; arrived when they were not home; and had to be delivered a second time. Since I only used a scant 1/4 cup relish, I was afraid it would not be hot enough, and I did not want to taste it to check the flavor. It took forever to get there. I was afraid that the Sauce was not worth the effort, so I asked Tom, knowing he would be straightforward with me. This is what he said... Yes it had the right amount of heat; Thank You; it as worth it. Supa and I love it; it was fantastic; it is worth making because it has a different flavor.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup relish (Thai Demon Relish)
- In a heavy saucepan, bring vinegar, water, sugar, salt, and corn starch to a rolling boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until mixture thickens.
- When mixture is thick, stir in relish, bring up to rolling boil, and boil until mixture reaches 230°F about 2 minutes.
- Stir sauce and pour into hot sterilized jar. Jar will seal.
- Refrigerate after opening. Keeps well for at least a year.