Recipe by FlyfishingTom
An easy Sausage Submarine that can be made with any of your Favorite Sausages.
- 4 sausages (Italian,Spicy Italian,Keilbasa,Brats,Polish or your Favorite)
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced (Button,Shitake,Portabella or your favorite)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 submarine buns (6 inch size)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1: Cook Sausages to Your Liking.(I use a large skillet and add some water and cook til done but you can used grilled sausages as well)
- 2: In medium sauce pan over medium/high heat Add the oil,peppers,onion,garlic and mushrooms and cook till onions become opaque then add the tomato sauce,basil,parsley,salt and pepper and continue cooking until peppers are soft then simmer til the sausages are done.
- 3: toast buns
- 4: slice sausages into 1 1/2 inch slices or leave whole then place on buns and spoon on the sauce.
- Makes 6 sandwiches.