Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
Tom made this up one day (one of those day before grocery shopping days!). It has become a staple lunch meal in this household ever since. It's great because you can buy a bag of those precooked boneless chicken breasts and toss a lunch together. Note that these ingredient amounts ARE correct, the sandwich ends up being very messy. You can cut back if you want, but there's just something in an ooey gooey chicken sandwich that makes this girl's heart sing :-)
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1⁄4 cup salsa ranch dressing
- 1 boneless chicken breast (pre-cooked)
- lettuce (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- onion (optional)
- Butter 1 side each of 2 slices of bread.
- Spray frying pan or griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown non-buttered side of bread.
- Flip bread and brown the buttered side.
- Put 1/4 cup cheddar cheese onto each slice of bread while browning buttered side.
- Remove from heat and place bread on plate.
- Put 1/4 cup Salsa Ranch Dressing onto bread.
- Place cooked chicken on the dressing.
- Add other condiments and vegetables (lettuce, tomato, onion) as desired.
- VARIATION: Try different types of bread or cheese. Also great with bacon bits added to the cheese.
This was a big winner! I included all of the optional toppings and used wheat bread, fat free homemade ranch dressing, and lessened the amount of cheese to our taste. Thanks for sharing!
Delicious! And i dont usually like sandwiches at all. I made my own salsa ranch but used more salsa than ranch because I dont like ranch as much. I just wish id had the lettuce on hand.
I didn't have salsa ranch so I just mixed my own. I also used provolone instead of cheddar since Provolone is my favorite melty cheese. This was a pretty good sandwich, I toasted it on my panini grill. Thanks for posting!