Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and easy salsa to make and enjoy at home or while entertaining.
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 small green tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 -2 drop Frank's red hot sauce (optional)
- Seed and chop the tomatoes, onions, and jalapeños and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the tomato sauce, cilantro, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, pepper, salt and cayenne pepper to the bowl; stir all the ingredients together.
- Chill 1 hour before serving.