Recipe by Living High
This is Tom's favorite pickled egg recipe. But watch out ... you won't want to remain in the same room with anyone eating them!
Top Review by daisygrl64
I love pickled eggs. the rest of my family doesn't therefor this is the first time I have made them. This was very easy to make. I am rating it 4 stars for now, I will be back to change my rating once I get a taste of them. Thank you for posting. Made for Eggs & Dairy Event for Photo Forum
- 12 eggs
- 4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover the eggs with cold water and bring them to a rapid boil. Cover the pot and boil for 15 minutes or so. Drain and cover with cold water (a couple of ice cubes helps). When they've cooled off real good, peel the eggs for later.
- Use a big pot or kettle to sterilize a 1-quart pickling jar. If you make more than one jar at a time (I do, but I'd guess most folks don't), make sure the jars are separated with enough room so the boiling water can get to all the parts of the jars. Cover the jars with water and boil at a rapid boil for at least 5 minutes.
- To make the pickling solution, bring the remaining ingredients to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Put the eggs into hot sterilized jars and strain the hot pickling liquid over them. Seal the jar(s) and keep in a cool place.