Greatly influenced by this outstanding recipe by Lalaloula: Oven-Baked Balsamic Cherry Tomatoes With Rosemary, I wanted to make a quick and uncomplicated tomato side dish to accompany a Middle Eastern-themed meal. Use any type of tomato making certain it's good quality. Off season, use organic canned tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 medium tomatoes, stemmed and quartered (if using small tomatoes they can be left whole)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion, peeled and cut into slivers
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons honey, softened (use agave or other alternative sugar for vegan version)
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate syrup (*not* grenadine)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- kosher salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Place the tomatoes in baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- 3Scatter the onion slivers and minced garlic on top.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk the honey and pomegranate syrup together and pour over the tomatoes and onions. Tip: to make pouring easier, lightly grease the inside of the bowl with olive oil.
- 5Sprinkle with the marjoram, salt and black pepper.
- 6Bake for about 18 minutes or until the tomatoes are quite soft. Stir the mixture every 5 minutes while spooning the sauce on top of the tomatoes.
- 7Dinner menu 24 July: Pan grilled skinless chicken thighs with a dry rub (Baharat Aka Middle East Mixed Spices - the Real Mix), simple steamed green beans, medium-grain plain white rice (the sauce from this recipe was really good spooned over the rice!), and our featured recipe: Toms 'n' Pom.
- 8Note: I didn't measure anything when putting this recipe together.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toms 'n' Pom (Vegan-Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.7
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: