Recipe by COOKGIRl
Greatly influenced by this outstanding recipe by Lalaloula: Oven-Baked Balsamic Cherry Tomatoes With Rosemary, I wanted to make a quick and uncomplicated tomato side dish to accompany a Middle Eastern-themed meal. Use any type of tomato making certain it's good quality. Off season, use organic canned tomatoes.
Top Review by awalde
How good this was!<br/>I prepared this as suggested, but I reduced the honey to a teaspoon as our honey is very taste and it would be too dominant. I'm glad I have the pomegranade molasses at home as this is really THE great additions to this recipe. My son cleaned up the mold with bread as the juice was incredible delicious!<br/>A great keeper and a aweasome recipe! Thanks a lot CG, I love your recipes!
- 4 -5 medium tomatoes, stemmed and quartered (if using small tomatoes they can be left whole)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion, peeled and cut into slivers
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons honey, softened (use agave or other alternative sugar for vegan version)
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate syrup (*not* grenadine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- kosher salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the tomatoes in baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Scatter the onion slivers and minced garlic on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk the honey and pomegranate syrup together and pour over the tomatoes and onions. Tip: to make pouring easier, lightly grease the inside of the bowl with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the marjoram, salt and black pepper.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until the tomatoes are quite soft. Stir the mixture every 5 minutes while spooning the sauce on top of the tomatoes.
- Dinner menu 24 July: Pan grilled skinless chicken thighs with a dry rub (Recipe #79179), simple steamed green beans, medium-grain plain white rice (the sauce from this recipe was really good spooned over the rice!), and our featured recipe: Toms 'n' Pom.
- Note: I didn't measure anything when putting this recipe together.