Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken from "The Low-Carb Comfort Food Cookbook." "One tablespoon of most ketchups have 4.0 grams of carb. Some dietary ketchups have 2.0 grams per tablespoon, but they're made with aspartame. This ketchup recipe is great and has only 0.7 gram of carb per tablespoon. You can enjoy ketchup again, even on a low-carb diet. "The taste of this ketchup will be affected by the tomatoes and tomato paste you choose. It's worthwhile to experiment with brands. The carb counts here are based on diced tomatoes that have 3.0 grams of carb per 1/2 cup serving and tomato paste that has 5.0 grams of carb in 2 tablespoons."
- Steam or simmer eggplant in small amount of water until soft, about 6-8 minutes. Let cool.
- Put eggplant and all other ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning. You can add small amounts of vinegar if you like a sharper taste.
- Store in the fridge. This ketchup wil keep for a week or so. You can also freeze it.
- Serving size is 1 tablespoon.