Taken from "The Low-Carb Comfort Food Cookbook." "One tablespoon of most ketchups have 4.0 grams of carb. Some dietary ketchups have 2.0 grams per tablespoon, but they're made with aspartame. This ketchup recipe is great and has only 0.7 gram of carb per tablespoon. You can enjoy ketchup again, even on a low-carb diet. "The taste of this ketchup will be affected by the tomatoes and tomato paste you choose. It's worthwhile to experiment with brands. The carb counts here are based on diced tomatoes that have 3.0 grams of carb per 1/2 cup serving and tomato paste that has 5.0 grams of carb in 2 tablespoons."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Steam or simmer eggplant in small amount of water until soft, about 6-8 minutes. Let cool.
- 2Put eggplant and all other ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- 3Adjust seasoning. You can add small amounts of vinegar if you like a sharper taste.
- 4Store in the fridge. This ketchup wil keep for a week or so. You can also freeze it.
- 5Serving size is 1 tablespoon.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tom's Low-Carb Ketchup
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 33
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7.5
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 38.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 0.1 g