A delicious layered mexican dip from a novel by Dianne Mott Davidson. It has bean dip, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, tomatoes, scallions, and olives if you like. Yummy.
- 2 avocados, peeled and seeded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce (med or hot, I use Pace med salsa)
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 2 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 16 ounces spicy bean dip
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced pitted black olives (I omit these)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- tortilla chips
- Beat avacados with lemon juice, picante sauce, grated onion& 1/2 c.
- sour cream until smooth--guacamole.
- (I use this for my guacamole with other recipes too, I love it so much.) Using 2 large platters or 2 9x13 in.
- pans, place half the bean dip into bottom of each.
- Carefully smooth half the guacamole on top of bean layer, and 1 c.
- of sour cream on top of guac.
- Next layer half of the tomatoes, half the scallions, half the olives, and half the grated cheese into each pan.
- Chill and serve with chips.