Recipe by CandyTX
Tom made this up one night when I said "I want cajun"... amazingly yummy! A keeper for sure!
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 lb sausage (Cooked, sliced)
- 1 lb shrimp (Uncooked)
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (cooked, cubed)
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 5 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter until melted.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook till onion translucent.
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients except shrimp and rice.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer for 3 hours.
- Prepare rice in your usual method.
- Add shrimp to pot.
- Cook till shrimp are done (approx 10 minutes).
- Serve over rice.