Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My friend Tom would often serve this with a buffet dinner and we all raved over it. It is quick easy and impressive.
- 907.18 g frozen hash browns, frozen
- 255.14 g aged cheddar cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml onion
- 283.49 g can sliced mushrooms
- 473.19 ml sour cream
- 88.74 ml parmesan cheese
- Mix all the ingredients together and put in a lightly buttered casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a 350°F for one hour or until golden and hot through.
- NB If the parmesan starts to brown too soon, lightly cover with a piece of foil (do not seal).
We really enjoyed this dish, I cut most ingredients by half and used fresh mushrooms. I like these simple tasty dishes. Thanks for posting Bergy! =)
Bergy, this recipe is awesome! I served this with roast beef sandwiches and a salad and the family just kept coming back for more. The only change I made was to substitute whipping cream thickened with cornstarch for the sour cream (DH doesn't eat sour cream). I wasn't sure this would work with the recipe, but it did. My children have already asked me to make this again very soon. Thanks for a great recipe!
Really good! I was looking for a potato recipe for Christmas brunch that didn't use cream soup and didn't have meat in it, since we were having Polish sausage. This really fit the bill. I used fresh mushrooms, but didn't change anything else. I think this will become my annual dish. Thanks!