Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A garlic twist to a fall classic snack. Best made right from the pumpkin, or soak overnight in a little salt water before roasting. I use 33% Less Sodium Salt to make it a "little" healthier.
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon low sodium salt or 1 tablespoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Clean and wash all the seeds picking out all of the pumpkin guts and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Mix salt and garlic salt into a salt shaker.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of oil and seeds into a large Ziplock bag and shake to coat.
- Use the other 1/2 teaspoon to coat 1 or 2 cookie sheets.
- Spread seeds out evenly onto cookie sheets and sprinkle the salt mixture onto the seeds.
- Place cookie sheet into the oven until the seeds are a light golden brown, usually 20 to 30 minutes. Taste 1 or 2 after 20 minutes to see if they are crunchy or need more time and enjoy.
- *You can soak the seeds in saltwater overnight if you really like them salty.*.
Absolutely fantastic. I actually appreciate the use of olive oil in this recipe as it helped keep the seeds from getting too dry and hard. And the garlic was so good for this seeds. I didn't expect it would but it was a real nice touch.