Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a favourtie cookie of ours that I've been making for about 30 years!
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Simmer raisins and water until raisins are plump.
- Drain, reserve enough liquid to measure 1/2 cup.
- Mix thoroughly the shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add cooled liquid.
- Blend in dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 8- 10 minutes or until light brown.
I made these as a present for my department at work. They loved them! They were soft and had a very good flavor. Thank you so much for a wonderful recipe!