Recipe by FLUFFSTER
My husband is a great fan of banana bread, so I took a couple of his "sort of" favorites and came up with this one, which he raves about. You may use all vanilla extract if you don't have, or can't find the Vanilla Nut extract. Look for it if you can, it's a really nice flavoring.
Top Review by Boomette
I made this recipe in muffins. I got 12 muffins. I used only all purpose flour. I got moist muffins and so tasty. This is a great recipe. Thanks Fluffster :) Made for I Recommend tag game
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour (can use all white)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla nut extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour(or line with parchment paper)loaf pan.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in small bowl. Mix bananas, milk, vanilla and vanilla nut extract in another bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time, mixing until incorporated. Then alternate mixing in dry ingredients in two batches starting and ending with dry ingredients.
- Stir in nuts, if using. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes, (checking at 1 hour) until toothpick inserted comes out clean.