Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made these by mistake the first time and since then everyone has loved them. They are a very fluffy cookie.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups ghirardelli chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix butter, sugars, vanilla and 2 eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in the flour one cup at a time,
- Add the baking soda and salt.
- Add the 3rd egg to the mixture.
- Stir in 2 cups of Swirled Chocolate Chips.
- Drop dough by balling up in your hand to a small palm size
- Place any additional chips on top.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool slightly.
- Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack or plate.
These were awesome!! I will be making these again and when I do,I'll have to have my camera out before I say 'Come and get'um!' Thanks so much for posting!
I feel like a party-pooper; my husband and I weren't crazy about them. They were okay--better after they'd cooled off and even better the next day. We found them a little too sweet and dry. The dough was crumbly, though it was pretty easy to form into balls. Maybe that happened because I missed the "2 eggs" in step two and added all 3 at that point. Thanks for posting, though; it was fun trying something new!
these are the best cookies that I have ever made. They were wonderful. I would suggest them to anyone who loves chocolate chip cookies