1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is posted by request. Clone recipe by Todd Wilbur. Serve on burgers, or hot dogs I would think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef, not lean
- 1/4 cup flour, plus
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cups beef broth
- 4 cups water
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons grated then chopped fine carrots
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1In a large saucepan brown meat over medium heat, crumbling as you cook.
- 2Pour meat in to a strainer over a bowl.
- 3Reserve 1/2 cup fat and return meat to saucepan.
- 4In a medium saucepan heat fat over medium heat.
- 5When hot whisk in the 1/4 cup flour.
- 6Reduce heat to medium low, and continue to cook until a rich caramel color is reached, around 15 minutes.
- 7Add beef broth and whisk well.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9In the meat saucepan add water to the cooked beef.
- 10Whisk in remaining flour.
- 11Add the roux/broth and remaining ingredients.
- 12Heat to medium high stirring often.
- 13Once a gentle boil is reached, reduce to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes, again, stirring often.
- 14Remove from heat and let stand 30 minutes to thicken.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tommy's Hamburger Chili Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1976 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.8
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.5 mg
- Sodium 971.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 18.1 g