Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Hashbrown and egg bake - perfect for brunches when you have overnight guests. I make mine in the oven, but my mom always made it in a large electric skillet. Either way works great.
- 1 lb frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat oven to 400. Drizzle cooking oil in a 9x13 pan. Put pan in the oven to heat the oil for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add in the pkg of hash browns, 1/2 of the chopped onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges start to brown. Turn hash browns over in sections and cook 10 min longer.
- Pour eggs over the hash browns slowly, add remaining onions and green peppers.
- Bake at 350 for 5-10 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon and bake 5-10 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove and cut into squares.
Well Tommy must be quite a cook, because I can't decide whether the ease of making, the delicious aroma, or the comforting taste was the best part. The only change was cutting down a bit on the oil. I only greased the bottom/sides with a light bit of oil, and went on from there. The onion and green pepper certainly give it enough moisture, as do the eggs, so it came out perfectly. I threw some sliced green onion on top, and it was stunning. Thank you!