Recipe by Cook4_6
I found this recipe while I was looking for the Tommy Bahama Fish Taco recipe and thought it sounded fantastic. I found a recipe for white chocolate mousse and prepared it separately, but you can order the swiss white chocolate mousse like they actually use at the Tommy Bahama restaurant (Order Item #90026 at (1-800-34-Swiss) or email@example.com) The amount of white chocolate mousse is approximate. I actually like the cake better on the second day, so I recommend making it and allowing it to sit in the refrigerator overnight before serving if you can!
- 18 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix, Pillsbury Deluxe
- 2 cups white chocolate mousse mix, prepared
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 3⁄4 cup toasted coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake cake as directed in 2 – 8"″ rounds. Cool. Slice off rounded top level with baking pan and cut each cake into 2 layers (4 cake layers in total).
- Make Mousse according to the directions.
- Whip the heavy cream, and fold into the mousse.
- Generously brush each layer of the cake with dark rum.
- Spread the mousse mix evenly thick on the first layer. Sprinkle with some of the pineapple.
- Top with next cake layer and again, spread with mousse then pineapple. Continue with each layer. The layers of the cake and mousse should be the same height.
- Coat the sides and top with the mousse mix.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut over the finished cake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve, cut into 8 pieces and serve at room temperature.