1/3 Photos of Tommy Bahama Pina Colada Cake
I found this recipe while I was looking for the Tommy Bahama Fish Taco recipe and thought it sounded fantastic. I found a recipe for white chocolate mousse and prepared it separately, but you can order the swiss white chocolate mousse like they actually use at the Tommy Bahama restaurant (Order Item #90026 at (1-800-34-Swiss) or firstname.lastname@example.org) The amount of white chocolate mousse is approximate. I actually like the cake better on the second day, so I recommend making it and allowing it to sit in the refrigerator overnight before serving if you can!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake cake as directed in 2 – 8"″ rounds. Cool. Slice off rounded top level with baking pan and cut each cake into 2 layers (4 cake layers in total).
- 2Make Mousse according to the directions.
- 3Whip the heavy cream, and fold into the mousse.
- 4Generously brush each layer of the cake with dark rum.
- 5Spread the mousse mix evenly thick on the first layer. Sprinkle with some of the pineapple.
- 6Top with next cake layer and again, spread with mousse then pineapple. Continue with each layer. The layers of the cake and mousse should be the same height.
- 7Coat the sides and top with the mousse mix.
- 8Sprinkle toasted coconut over the finished cake.
- 9Refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve, cut into 8 pieces and serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tommy Bahama Pina Colada Cake
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.0
- Calories from Fat 506
- Total Fat 56.3 g
- Saturated Fat 33.0 g
- Cholesterol 163.0 mg
- Sodium 481.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 40.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate mousse mix