I love tomatoes, but unfortunately, they don't love me, I break out into eczema if I eat them. So whenever I am at a Middle Eastern restaurant chowing down on Falafels I am wistfully looking over at the tabbouleh wishing I could have some of those fresh greens. Well today I finally made something from scratch and my imagination that is worthy of being posted! (At heart, I am not a very good cook -- this must have been a fluke) This recipe below not only has no tomoatoes, but no wheat as well, another one of my allergies. (Sometimes I feel as if I am falling apart! :))
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop up the parsley either by hand or processor (I actually used kichen shears, next time will try the processor)and put into bowl.
- 2Add juice of the one lemon - you may even use two. Try to get fresh lemons instead of the bottled kind, the extra zing is great.
- 3Add the 1 TB Olive Oil. I always try to get away the least amount of oil. You may want to add a bit more if your parsley bunch is quite large. However, stir it up first, as a little oil goes a long way.
- 4Cut up the pepper, add it inches.
- 5Add Hemp seeds, pine nuts and capers. The capers give it a nice saltyness, no need to add any salt.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomatoless and Wheatless Tabbouleh (Parsley Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.7
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 412.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: