Recipe by Rita~
Garden Fresh Juicy Sweet Summer Tomatoes topped with roasted sweet garlic, roasted sweet pearl onions, mozzarella cheese and fresh basil. Splashed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Top Review by scimietta99
Extremely good. But don't compromise and use watery, tasteless cheap mozzarella - get the mozzarella di bufala if at all possible and the tomatoes need to be of the best quality. Also I used a good quality olive oil - a litte less than the recipe states. I ommitted the rosemary as the flavours were fantastic without it. I found I didn't need anywhere near the quantity of balsamic vinegar, but its all down to person taste and the strength of your balsamic. Serve with some white crispy bread to dip up the juices this is a fantastic light lunch or starter. Buonoooooooooooo!!!
- 5 large tomatoes or 5 large yellow tomatoes, sliced
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 5 -10 roasted garlic, with pearl onions and herbs (Roasted Garlic & Pearl Onions With Herbs-)
- 10 basil leaves (green, purple & or baby)
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped (two inch sprig)
- salt and pepper