Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Posted by request. Recipe found in the Ball Blue Book of Canning.
- In a large non reactive saucepan cook tomatoes over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning/scorching.
- Add the sliced okra and cook for 5 minutes.
- Ladle hot vegetables into hot sterile jars leaving 1 inch head space.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt to each pint.
- Wipe rims and adjust caps.
- Process pints for 30 minutes at 10 pounds pressure in a steam-pressure canner.
- Adjust times and pressure for your altitude.
- Should make 10 pints-ish.
- For quart jars add 1 teaspoon salt to each jar and process 35 minutes at 10 pounds pressurein a steam-pressure canner.
Perfect just what I was looking for. You people never cease to amaze me. I've never asked a question here that someone couldn't answer. Thank you