1/1 Photo of Tomatoes With Lemon Thyme
This is so simple that it is almost an embarrassment to post as a recipe. I snagged the idea from the August 2007 Martha Stewart Living, and loved the combination of the herb and the fresh tomatoes. She suggests that placing this salad in the sun for 20 minutes before serving will help the individual flavors meld. That is one thing that you wouldn't want to do with potato salad. LOL (Cook time is the time for flavors to meld.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thinly slice tomatoes (if using small tomatoes, halve or quarter them), and arrange on a platter.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Drizzle with olive oil.
- 4Sprinkle with lemon thyme leaves.
- 5Lay lemon thyme sprigs over the top for garnish.
- 6Let stand for at least 20 minutes prior to serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomatoes With Lemon Thyme
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 36.1
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 1.7 g