Recipe by Dine & Dish
I love tomatoes...could eat them all day every day. I'm always excited when I find a new recipe for fresh tomatoes! This one came from Quick Cooking magazine and was a grand prize winner. It was submitted by Phyllis Shaughnessy. I was hesitant to try this at first but I'm so glad I did! Tomatoes prepared this way are delicious and the presentation is lovely!
Top Review by MTDavids
Tried with fried and plain sliced tomatoes. Like Bergy, I liked the plain. The sauce was great. I added a little more horseradish and a 1/2 tsp. of lemon pepper. The results were outstanding. Will definately make again.
- refrigerated butter-flavored cooking spray
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large skillet with refrigerated butter flavored spray.
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Add tomato slices; cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until edges begin to brown; Remove and place on serving platter.
- In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, cream and horseradish; Spoon over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.