Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Saw this on the Food Network. It's a great side dish for anything from Jamaican Jerk Flank Steak, pork, chicken, beef etc. You whip this up in no time.
- 2 -3 ripe beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (preferably aged)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Arrange tomato slices on a plate.
- Layer with basil leaves.
- Drizzle vinegar and oil. Sprinkle salt and black pepper over top.
Delicious! These were made with 2 nice sized garden fresh tomatoes. They made a great accompaniment to mini-crustless quiches for a ladies lunch. I will keep this recipe to use again and again. Thank you for posting.
This was fantastic! I added some feta before adding the vinegar, salt, pepper and oil. Yumbo! Thx. for posting.
We love tomatoes fixed like this.I made some for lunch today then found your recipe posted. I have fresh tomatoes & basil in the garden. I used EVOO, also add a little garlic, Yummy.