Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another way that I eat those big red, juicy homegrown tomatoes.
- 4 -5 large tomatoes, cut into thick slices
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 -2 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Arrange tomato slices on a serving platter.
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients to mix well. Pour over tomato slices.
Oh my gosh! This is an outstanding recipe. I left the cilantro and basil out since I did not have any, and it was still incredible. I served the tomatoes on a bed of romaine lettuce. Thank you so much, Parsley, for posting this recipe.
A wonderful way to eat tomatoes! I used fresh parsley instead of cilantro, added a bit more pepper, and refrigerated the dressing overnight. Thank you Parsley for posting this recipe, we will have these again soon!