Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A Taste of the Good Life
- 4 large firm tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- parmesan cheese
- 1 cup vermouth
- Wash and dry tomatoes.
- Cut out stems and cut tomatoes in half. Scoop out pulp and reserve.
- Salt and pepper tomato shells and place a thin slice of butter in each.
- Arrange in a buttered casserole.
- In a skillet melt 4 Tablespoons of butter and add chopped artichoke hearts, tomato pulp, thyme, garlic and bay leaf.
- Saute 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Place about 2 Tablespoons of artichoke mix in each tomato.
- Top generously with Parmesan cheese.
- Pour vermouth in bottom of pan and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Arrange on a serving platter and top each with a little of the pan liquid.
- NOTE: Butter is at the right temperature for sauteing when.
- the foam from heating subsides.