Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my very favourite Tomato Salads!
- 8 ripe tomatoes
- 6 -8 slices ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4 spring onions
- 1 sprig fresh basil (or1/4 tsp dried)
- 8 anchovies, drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 black olives
- Slice tomatoes thinly using a very sharp knife.
- Place ricotta slices at intervals on a flat dish cover with sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with sugar.
- Wash, peel and thinly slice spring onions.
- Scatter over tomatoes.
- Fresh basil leaves and sprinkle over salad.
- (If this is not available, include dried basil in the dressing.) Mix anchovies, vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and black pepper in a blender or use an electric hand mixer.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, drizzle over tomatoes and scatter with black olives fresh basil leaves.