Tomatoes with Anchovies & Basil
- Slice tomatoes thinly using a very sharp knife.
- Place ricotta slices at intervals on a flat dish cover with sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with sugar.
- Wash, peel and thinly slice spring onions.
- Scatter over tomatoes.
- Fresh basil leaves and sprinkle over salad.
- (If this is not available, include dried basil in the dressing.) Mix anchovies, vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and black pepper in a blender or use an electric hand mixer.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, drizzle over tomatoes and scatter with black olives fresh basil leaves.