Recipe by Lalaloula
Got this recipe from a supermarket brochure and have been quite surprised at how tasty it is. So easy to make and very healthy as well! =) For a variation just take peppers instead of tomatoes or couscous instead of the polenta.
Top Review by Peter J
Wonderful! The acidity of the tomatoes with the polenta was a great match and it was something not too heavy so makes a great side. Made all as directed other than flipped the 'lid' off for the last 5 minutes or so to brown up the polenta mix a little.
- 10 tomatoes (ca. size of a fist)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock
- 2 eggs
- 150 g polenta
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs (or just any green herb you like)
- 4 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the lid from 8 of the 10 tomatoes and hollow them out. Place them in a casserole or similar oven-proof dish.
- Bring to a boil 300ml of water with the vegetable stock. Remove from the heat and stir in polenta. Put aside for a few minutes.
- Hollow out the remaining 2 tomatoes and dice them. Mix into the polenta. Add the mixed herbs.
- Fill the tomato-polenta-mixture into the tomatoes.
- Mix eggs and milk and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the filled tomatoes.
- Put the lid back onto the tomatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes or until the egg-mixture sets and looks golden-brown.
- Enjoy! =).