1/8 Photos of Tomatoes With a Polenta Filling
Got this recipe from a supermarket brochure and have been quite surprised at how tasty it is. So easy to make and very healthy as well! =) For a variation just take peppers instead of tomatoes or couscous instead of the polenta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the lid from 8 of the 10 tomatoes and hollow them out. Place them in a casserole or similar oven-proof dish.
- 2Bring to a boil 300ml of water with the vegetable stock. Remove from the heat and stir in polenta. Put aside for a few minutes.
- 3Hollow out the remaining 2 tomatoes and dice them. Mix into the polenta. Add the mixed herbs.
- 4Fill the tomato-polenta-mixture into the tomatoes.
- 5Mix eggs and milk and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the filled tomatoes.
- 6Put the lid back onto the tomatoes.
- 7Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes or until the egg-mixture sets and looks golden-brown.
- 8Enjoy! =).
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomatoes With a Polenta Filling
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.6
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 95.1 mg
- Sodium 71.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: