1/1 Photo of Tomatoes Stuffed With Tuna, Capers and Herbs
These are wonderful to serve for a lunch, or a light dinner, great for summertime, as they don't require any cooking. They can be made several hours in advance and refrigerated, just bring almost to room temperature and serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium firm ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh finely chopped oregano leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 (5 ounce) cans tuna packed in oil, drained
- salt and pepper
- 1Cut a 3/4-inch slice off of the stem of each tomato; reserve the tops.
- 2With a spoon, carefully scoop out the pulp and discard.
- 3Sprinkle the inside of each tomato with salt, and place tomatoes unside down on paper towels to drain for 1 hour.
- 4In a medium bowl, mix together the capers, pine nuts, parsley, oregano, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice.
- 5Add the flaked tuna; mix together gently.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Sprinkle the inside of the tomatoes with pepper.
- 8Fill the tomatoes evenly with the tuna filling.
- 9Cover with the reserved tomato tops, and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomatoes Stuffed With Tuna, Capers and Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.1
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 262.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 15.9 g