1/5 Photos of Tomatoes Stuffed With Spinach and Cheeses
1 hr 15 mins
Try this dish to break the monotony of your mealtime. It's so scrumptious and so different!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tomatoes, medium firm ripe
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of all liquid
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
- 6 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened or 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs, plus more for topping
- 1Cut tops off tomatoes. Using a teaspoon, carefully remove, and reserve, the pulp. Force pulp through strainer, rendering 1/2 cup of juice.
- 2Lightly sprinkle pepper inside the tomato shells. Invert on paper towels, and let drain.
- 3Over low heat, melt 2 Tbsp of butter in skillet. Add the garlic and onion. Sauté until soft, about 5 minute; set aside.
- 4Combine onion and garlic with the reserved tomato juice, spinach, sour cream, cream cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, basil, and bread crumbs in a food processor. Blend thoroughly.
- 5If mixture appears too thin, gradually add more bread crumbs, if it's too thick, add more tomato juice. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F Scoop the filling mix into the tomato shells. Top with more bread crumbs and dot with bits of the remaining butter. Place in lightly greased baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomatoes Stuffed With Spinach and Cheeses
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.7
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 69.3 mg
- Sodium 579.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat mozzarella cheese