A very light, tasty recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the rice in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- 3Rinse the rice under cold running water.
- 4Set the rice aside.
- 5Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 6Cut a 1/2" thick slice off the top of each tomato; reserve the tomato tops.
- 7Cut and scoop the seeds, pulp and juice from each tomato into a small bowl.
- 9Oil the bottom of a 9" x 9" baking dish with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- 10Place the hollowed tomatoes in the prepared dish.
- 11Toss the rice with the reserved tomato pulp and juice.
- 12Add the garlic, basil, parsley, parmesan, the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 13Combine well.
- 14Spoon the rice mixture into the hollowed tomatoes, mounding slightly.
- 15Sprinkle any leftover filling on the bottom of the pan.
- 16Drizzle the entire dish with olive oil.
- 17Place the reserved tomato slices on top of the tomatoes.
- 18Bake until the rice is heated through, about 20 minutes.
- 19Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomatoes Stuffed With Rice
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.1
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 74.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 5.4 g