Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is from 1001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes. Use portabellas, shiitake, oyster or creminis for the mushrooms. This sounds like such a great work lunch! Maybe serve this with some grilled tofu slices. Thyme would be a nice substitution for the dill.
- cooking spray
- 16 ounces mixed mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice or 1 cup brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons red wine and vinegar salad dressing
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 6 large tomatoes
- Spray an aluminum-foil-lined jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange mushrooms on the pan in a single layer; spay with cooking spray and then sprinkle with pepper.
- Roast mushrooms at 425 degrees until tender, about 20 minutes; cool slightly.
- Chop mushrooms; combine with rice, breadcrumbs, vinaigrette and herbs.
- Slice tops from tomatoes and scoop out pulp with a spoon.
- Chop pulp and stir into mushroom mixture; season to taste with salt.
- Spoon mushroom mixture into tomatoes.
- Bake in a baking pan at 425 degrees until hot through, 10-15 minutes.