Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
I love this recipe--it combines 2 of my favorite things tomatoes and mushrooms.
- 8 -10 firm ripe tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup of melted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (3 ounce) package Roquefort cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tops from each tomato; scoop out the pulp leaving the shells intact, invert the tomatoes and drain.
- Meanwhile sauté the mushrooms in butter until tender, drain.
- Combine sour cream, flour, cheese, oregano, parsley, and sherry. Cook over low heat until smooth and thickened, stirring occasionally; add mushrooms salt and pepper stir well.
- Spoon mixture into tomato shells and place in shallow baking dish. sprinkle with paprika and bake at 375°F for 15 minutes.