Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe from a French recipe site. Posted for ZWT 5.
- 8 medium size tomatoes
- 5 ounces fresh goat's cheese (fresh or semi-fresh)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 8 leaves fresh basil (replace it with parsley if you can't find basil)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus a few drops)
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- - Cut off the top of each tomato and remove seeds; set aside the tops and pulp from the tomatoes. Chop the basil leaves (or parsley).
- - In a small bowl put the goat's cheese and crush it roughly with a fork; mix it with the breadcrumbs, egg, basil (or parsley), the tomato seeds, the 2 Tbs. olive oil and pepper, until well blended. Taste and adjust
- seasoning if needed.
- - Place the empty tomatoes in an oven-proof dish; pour a drop of olive oil and a bit of salt in the bottom of each. Stuff them with the cheese mixture and put the tops back on top. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.
- Trick :You can make this stuffing with zucchinis as well; in this case, you will need to add a bit of milk in your stuffing to make it softer (the tomato seeds were doing that !).