Recipe by Pastryismybiz
Delicious vegetable side dish found on a French Cooking site. Very attractive addition to a buffet table. Tomatoes baked with stuffing and round hats. The French are sooo..creative.
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 5 ounces fresh goat's cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut a round "hat" off top of each tomatoe,remove seeds and set aside.
- Scoop out the tomatoes placing pulp and seeds in a bowl with the goats cheese, and crush roughly with a fork.
- Mix in the breadcrumbs, egg, basil, the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the empty tomatoes in a shallow casserole dish and pour a few drops of olive oil and a little salt in the bottom of each.
- Stuff them with the cheese stuffing and place their "hats" on top.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve on platter on a bed of lettuce.