Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I used both cherry tomatoes and one large tomato stuffed with this chicken salad. So you can pop in your mouth a carb free the cherry tomatoes or spread the salad on a cracker. Or you can just put it into your favorite bread and have a delish sandwich.
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and core removed,drained upside down on a paper towel
- 12 cherry tomatoes, seeded and core removed,drained upside down on a paper towel
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, rough chop
- 1⁄4 small onion, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1⁄2 red bell peppers or 1⁄2 orange bell pepper
- 1 -2 clove garlic
- 8 ounces cooked chicken, rough chopped
- 2 -3 teaspoons chipotle chili sauce (Don Enrique)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Place all but the tomatoes in a food processpor and pulse about 6 x`s to make a spread.
- Fill the tomatoes and place on a serving plater.
- Serve with crackers or vegie sticks.
This was good; I didn't serve in tomatoes, skipped the celery, and I used Tabasco instead of chipotles (that's all I had). People really liked this, and it had just a little zip, which was good!
Thanks, Rita for posting such a wonderful recipe. I made this recipe as written, except that I used one chipotle in adobo as I didn't have the chili sauce and I left the chicken in chunks (personal preference). I processed the mayo and chipotle together before adding it to the salad. The flavor was robust and spicy, just the way we like it. Thanks again for posting this recipe! :-)
Great chicken salad! Has a nice kick to get your taste buds going and it makes an attractive presentation. I realized that I did not have any mayonnaise, so I used ranch salad dressing. Thanks Rita for sharing!