Recipe by mydesigirl
I love stuffed tomatoes! Since I'm growing so many this year I'm looking for great tomato recipes that are cool and refreshing and won't heat the kitchen up. This is one of them...
Top Review by Troop Angel
These were amazing!! The hint of spice from the hot sauce (we used 3 good shakes) went so well with the Miracle Whip we used. Hubby made these for dinner last night and said they are super simple to make so they defintely pass the "husband friendly" test! The only thing we did different wa to leave out the mushrooms as hubby doesn't like them (I do plan on adding them to mine next time) and we used light Miracle Whip as that's what I had on hand. Thanks so much for a simple, satisfying, yet light dinner...we will definitely be making this again...and again!!!!
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup mushroom, fresh and diced
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and diced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- white pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste
- red wine vinegar, to taste
- 1⁄4 sweet green pepper, julienned
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 lemon, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice off the tops of the tomatoes and scoop out insides to create a tomato shell.
- Sprinkle the insides of tomato shells with salt and put them on a paper towel lined plate upside down to drain off any excess liquid.
- In a bowl,combine mushrooms and chicken and fold in the mayonnaise.
- Stir in the lemon juice and season to taste with salt,white pepper and your choice of hot sauce.
- Turn the tomato shells over and season the insides with white pepper and red wine vinegar.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the shells and arrange the julienned pepper strips over the tops of the tomatoes.
- Place the stuffed tomatoes on lettuce leaves on 4 chilled salad plates and garnish with a lemon wedge.