Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This smells as good as it tastes! Great served over pasta or rice, or scooped up with crusty bread. Adapted from Cooking Light magazine(June 2004)
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 lbs plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, tossing well to combine. Put tomato mixture in a 13"x9" baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove dish from oven.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil tomatoes for 10 minutes or till they begin to brown. Remove from oven; stir lightly to combine.
- To serve over pasta:.
- Cook 12 ounces dried pasta; drain and return pasta to pan. Stir in 3 cups of the roasted tomatoes; cook over low heat till liquid thickens. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Note: You may place chilled tomatoes in heavy zip lock plastic bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Makes 10 servings.
Cut the recipe down for 2. Made this using whole grape tomatoes adding lots more garlic which I left whole. Roasted all till the tomatoes almost burst. Served tossed in pasta. Thanks.
This is really easy and I loved the sweetness of the sauce. I roasted the garlic along with the tomatoes. This is a keeper. Thanks