Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on the net (3 Fat Chicks) and adapted it to my own liking using fresh herbs and romano cheese. It's really yummy, and perfect for those of us low-carbing it.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 3 teaspoons fresh oregano (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, fresh if available
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 4 tablespoons romano cheese
- Slice tomatoes in half and place sliced side up in shallow baking pan.
- Drizzle the remaining ingredients on the tomatoes in the order listed.
- Place under broiler or in oven (400 degrees F) for just a few minutes, until cheese is golden.
- Serve as a side dish, or as an appetizer.
This was very good, and extremely easy to make. Even my kids wanted more.
This was good, although after only a few minutes the tomatoes were not as soft as I would like .. so next time I will bake for a while, then add the cheese .. thanks Mirjam ..
These made a very good side dish. I prefer a firmer tomato so only putting them under the broiler for a few minutes was perfect.