Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a delicious side dish recipe, and a great way to use up all those tomatoes left over from fall harvest.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 5 medium tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 8-in square baking dish.
- Fry bacon until crisp; drain on paper towel; reserve drippings in skillet, set aside.
- Saute garlic, onions and mushrooms in skillet, until tender.
- Stir in reserved bacon, flour and seasoning salt, set aside.
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2-in slices.
- Place half of the slices into prepared baking dish.
- Spoon half of bacon/onion mixture over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with 3 tbsp.
- parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Very good. I needed to use up the last of the tomatoes out of the garden. We had this for supper with a piece of toast. Thanks Kittencal for another great recipe
good side dish