Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great recipe to use up your tomatoes that might spoil otherwise!
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 5 medium tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towel; reserve drippings in skillet.
- Set aside.
- Saute garlic, onion and mushrooms in skillet until tender.
- Stir in reserved bacon, flour and seasoned salt.
- Set aside.
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place half of the tomato slices in a lightly greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Spoon half of bacon and onion mixture over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
This is a very good way to do tomatoes! The flavors meld beautifully. The fresh mushrooms with this were delicious. Very easy and quick to make. I didn't change anything, it was a great recipe! I served this alongside a sauted Chicken breast. Easy dinner! Thanks yooper!
This is so good! I had forgot the mushrooms and thought it wouldn't be as good. But OMG...didn't miss them at all. The first night we had with Salmon and the leftovers (which tasted even better) we had with steak. Great side dish. I will be making this quite often
I absolutely love tomatoes but this was too much work for an "okay" recipe.