Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from 365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450. Gently squeeze tomato halves to extrude most of the seeds. Set, cut-side up, in a small baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Spoon bread crumb mixture over the top of each tomato, dividing equally.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until topping turns light brown. Serve hot or at room temperature.