- 2 medium size tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons mustard (or more to taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash ground pepper
- 1 dash ground cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (not from a jar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice tomatoes in half and spread with mustard. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and melted butter well.
- Spread crumb mixture over each tomato half.
- Place each tomato half in a greased glass baking pan and broil until crumbs are golden brown and tomatoes are slightly tender, about 6-8 minutes. Enjoy!
- Serves 4.