Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A true italian dish both in flavor and preparation. If looking for an unusual but attractive side dish, you found it! This came from a site that sells tomato cages.
- 2 medium size tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons mustard (or more to taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash ground pepper
- 1 dash ground cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (not from a jar)
- Slice tomatoes in half and spread with mustard. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and melted butter well.
- Spread crumb mixture over each tomato half.
- Place each tomato half in a greased glass baking pan and broil until crumbs are golden brown and tomatoes are slightly tender, about 6-8 minutes. Enjoy!
- Serves 4.
Delicious - made with cheddar when I forgot to get Parmesan. Mmm!
What a keeper! These are not only delicious but also appealing in appearance. Thanks!
Delicious!! The mustard and the buttered crumbs give it awesome flavor and crunch. My oven has a low and high broiler, so I did 5 min on low and 5 on high and it was perfect. I will make this again and again, thank you for sharing