Recipe by Boomette
This simple and espress recipe comes from the issue of May 2006 of Coup de Pouce. It looks delicious. And I have not tried this. With the review of Redsie, it's a good idea to add pizza sauce.
Top Review by gailanng
The perfect conglomeration of ingredients...French bread topped with Italian-style veggies. All that's needed is a bottle of wine and someone to share. Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 baguette, cut in 4 on the width, then in half on the length
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2⁄3 cup basil leaves, packed
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, heat oil at medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, mushroom, salt, italian herbs and pepper. Cook, stirring, for about 6 minutes or until mushrooms are golden.
- Put slices of baguette on a baking sheet and sprinkle them with half the cheese. Spread on the slices of bread 1/2 cup of basil leaves, the mixture of mushrooms and tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cook in a preheated oven of 400 F for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted. Cut remaining basil leaves in fine strips and sprinkle on hot pizzas.